Spring High School stabbing kills 1 near Houston, 3 hurt
September 4, 2013 (HOUSTON) -- Officials have confirmed one person is dead and three others were injured in a Wednesday stabbing at Spring High School.
The incident happened at the high school on Cypresswood at North Freeway at the beginning of the school day. Multiple people were stabbed. Life Flight transported at least one student to the hospital.
One victim stabbed in the abdomen was in critical condition at Memorial Hermann Hospital. A relative of the victim says the boy was fighting for his life, and asked for prayers for the teen and the community.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia says there are three persons of interest and they have all been taken into custody for questioning. There are no other suspects or persons of interest.
A confrontation at 7:10 a.m. led to a fight with cutting instruments. The weapons used are still being investigated.
All victims and persons of interest were students at Spring High School. The deceased victim has only been identified as being 17 years old. Sheriff Garcia said the stabbing could be gang related.
Spring ISD officials are now asking parents to wait at a nearby Conns parking lot, but official details on a release have not been announced. Traffic around the school is at a near standstill.
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police