Spring High School stabbing kills 1 near Houston, 3 hurt
September 4, 2013 (HOUSTON) -- Officials have confirmed one person is dead and three others were injured in a Wednesday stabbing at Spring High School.
The incident happened at the high school on Cypresswood at North Freeway at the beginning of the school day. Multiple people were stabbed. Life Flight transported at least one student to the hospital.
One victim stabbed in the abdomen was in critical condition at Memorial Hermann Hospital. A relative of the victim says the boy was fighting for his life, and asked for prayers for the teen and the community.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia says there are three persons of interest and they have all been taken into custody for questioning. There are no other suspects or persons of interest.
A confrontation at 7:10 a.m. led to a fight with cutting instruments. The weapons used are still being investigated.
All victims and persons of interest were students at Spring High School. The deceased victim has only been identified as being 17 years old. Sheriff Garcia said the stabbing could be gang related.
Spring ISD officials are now asking parents to wait at a nearby Conns parking lot, but official details on a release have not been announced. Traffic around the school is at a near standstill.
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 14 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 10 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
10 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
14 min ago