No bail for Michigan mom accused of trying to kill daughter
BEULAH, Mich. (AP) - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman accused of trying to kill her autistic daughter in a murder-suicide is locked up without bail in a northern Michigan jail.
Kelli Stapleton appeared in a Benzie County court Thursday after being released from a hospital. She's charged with attempted murder. State police say Stapleton and her 14-year-old daughter Isabelle were found unconscious from carbon monoxide poisoning in a van Tuesday.
Stapleton's husband, Matt, says their daughter is in a critical care unit at a Grand Rapids hospital.
The Stapletons live in Elberta, west of Traverse City. Kelli Stapleton has written about Isabelle's severe autism on a blog called The Status Woe. In an entry dated Tuesday, she says she has a "severe case of battle fatigue."
Defense attorney Anthony Cicchelli declined to comment Friday.
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 41 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 36 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 4 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos