Wrestling wins IOC vote for place in 2020 Olympics
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wrestling has been reinstated for the 2020 Olympics, seven months after losing its spot.
It beat two other sports in a vote by the International Olympic Committee.
Wrestling received 49 votes, while a combined baseball-softball bid got 24 and squash 22.
olympics, wrestling, national/world
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 31 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 19 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 20 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 24 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
17 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
2 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
10 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
20 min ago