Zimmerman probe on hold until evidence surfacess
LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The investigation into a domestic dispute between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife will be placed on hold and no charges will be filed for the time being.
A Lake Mary Police spokesman said Wednesday that this will change only if new evidence surfaces or technicians are able to extract video from Shellie Zimmerman's smashed iPad, which recorded the dispute.
Officer Zach Hudson says law enforcement analysts are having difficulty extracting the video because the iPad is in bad shape.
The dispute took place Monday, just days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers.
Shellie Zimmerman says in the divorce petition that she separated from her husband a month after he was acquitted of any crime for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin.
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 33 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 35 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 39 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 41 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 16 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 37 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
33 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
35 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
39 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
7 min ago