Prince George to be christened in October
LONDON (AP) - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Palace officials say Britain's youngest royal, Prince George, will be christened next month in the Chapel Royal at St. James's Palace.
George - whose full name is His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge - was born July 22. He is the first child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and third in line to the throne.
Kensington Palace announced Friday that George will be christened on Oct. 23 by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby.
The palace said close members of both families will be present for the event, but did not elaborate.
england, Royal Baby 2013, prince william, kate middleton, national/world
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 15 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
15 min ago