Man to plead guilty in toddler slapping case
ATLANTA (AP) - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal prosecutors say a man accused of slapping a crying toddler on a plane will plead guilty.
An email from federal prosecutors did not say what charge Joe Rickey Hundley will plead guilty to during a Wednesday afternoon hearing. He faces a misdemeanor simple assault charge.
His trial had been set to begin Thursday in federal court in Atlanta.
Authorities say Hundley used a racial slur to refer to the 19-month-old boy and then hit him under the right eye as the flight from Minneapolis began its descent to the Atlanta airport in February.
Hundley lived in Idaho at the time but has since moved to North Carolina.
atlanta, children, air travel, trial, national/world
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School 56 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
45 min ago