Twitter unseals IPO papers, hopes to raise $1B
NEW YORK (AP) - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Twitter has unsealed the documents for its planned initial public offering of stock and says it hopes to raise up to $1 billion.
The company is also disclosing that it generated $317 million in revenue in 2012 and that it has more than 215 million active users. That compares with Facebook's nearly 1.2 billion and LinkedIn's 240 million.
The company disclosed last month that it had filed confidential IPO papers to start the process of going public. On Thursday, San Francisco-based Twitter Inc. unsealed the papers with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Twitter's moneymaking potential has minted the company with an estimated market value of $10 billion, based on the appraisals of venture capitalists and other early investors. The IPO could value it higher or lower.
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 39 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 26 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape