Twitter unseals IPO papers, hopes to raise $1B
NEW YORK (AP) - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Twitter has unsealed the documents for its planned initial public offering of stock and says it hopes to raise up to $1 billion.
The company is also disclosing that it generated $317 million in revenue in 2012 and that it has more than 215 million active users. That compares with Facebook's nearly 1.2 billion and LinkedIn's 240 million.
The company disclosed last month that it had filed confidential IPO papers to start the process of going public. On Thursday, San Francisco-based Twitter Inc. unsealed the papers with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Twitter's moneymaking potential has minted the company with an estimated market value of $10 billion, based on the appraisals of venture capitalists and other early investors. The IPO could value it higher or lower.
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 31 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 56 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 45 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
56 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos