Man's partially eaten body found in Detroit home
DETROIT (AP) - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An autopsy is expected on the remains of a Detroit man who police say was partly devoured by an animal in his home.
The Detroit Free Press reports Tuesday that part of the man's leg was chewed off. The badly decomposed body was found Monday afternoon on the city's northwest side by relatives.
Sgt. Michael Woody says the body's condition makes it difficult to determine if he died of natural causes or from foul play.
Woody also says investigators aren't sure if a dog or another animal gnawed on the remains.
Thousands of stray dogs reportedly roam Detroit's streets, living in vacant houses and buildings. But raccoons, opossums and other wild creatures are finding refuge in the city which has lost more than one million people since the 1950s.
detroit, body found, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 48 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 2 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 20 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
20 min ago