Halloween crime display prompts 911 calls
MUSTANG, Okla. (AP) - October 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Oklahoma family is terrifying neighbors with home Halloween decorations depicting two eerily realistic accident victims.
The gory tableau at the Mullins' family home in Mustang includes a man who appears to have been run over by a truck and another whose head has been squashed under a garage door - complete with fake blood splatter.
The scene has drawn gawkers and some concern. At least one woman called 911 to report the crushed head; emergency personnel responded and discovered the dummy.
Thirty-two-year-old Jennifer Mullins says she was inspired by the social media website Pinterest.
She says Halloween has always been a favorite holiday for her family and that they knew the display would raise eyebrows - but perhaps not that it would win them quite so much attention.
oklahoma, halloween, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ