Man indicted in death of Adrian Peterson's son
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - October 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Lincoln County grand jury has indicted a 27-year-old Sioux Falls man on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the death of the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.
Lincoln County state's attorney Tom Wollman said Monday that Joseph Robert Patterson will be scheduled for an arraignment this week. Wollman says Patterson was indicted on Friday.
Patterson is charged with assaulting Tyrese Robert Ruffin in a Sioux Falls apartment. The boy died after being hospitalized with severe head injuries. Patterson is the boyfriend of Tyrese's mother.
Peterson had had just recently found out that Tyrese was his son. The NFL star had been planning to meet the boy and rushed to Sioux Falls when he heard Tyrese was hospitalized.
minnesota, south dakota, murder, child death, national/world
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 1 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos