Starbucks to open 'tea bar' in New York City
NEW YORK (AP) - October 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Starbucks is trying to make tea trendy, with plans to open its first "tea bar" in New York City.
The Seattle-based company says Teavana Fine Teas + Teavana Tea Bar will serve sweets and other foods including flatbreads and salads ranging in price from about $3 to $15. Drinks will include novelties such as a Spiced Mandarin Oolong tea, according to a preliminary menu.
The opening of the store on Thursday comes after Starbucks last year bought Teavana, a chain of about 300 stores, mostly in shopping malls.
Starbucks says it plans make tea a bigger part of American culture, as it has with coffee.
Starbucks Corp. has been on a strong financial run, boosting its profits by raising prices, revamping food offerings and adding items such as pricey bottled juices.
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 1 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
12 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos