Starbucks to open 'tea bar' in New York City
NEW YORK (AP) - October 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Starbucks is trying to make tea trendy, with plans to open its first "tea bar" in New York City.
The Seattle-based company says Teavana Fine Teas + Teavana Tea Bar will serve sweets and other foods including flatbreads and salads ranging in price from about $3 to $15. Drinks will include novelties such as a Spiced Mandarin Oolong tea, according to a preliminary menu.
The opening of the store on Thursday comes after Starbucks last year bought Teavana, a chain of about 300 stores, mostly in shopping malls.
Starbucks says it plans make tea a bigger part of American culture, as it has with coffee.
Starbucks Corp. has been on a strong financial run, boosting its profits by raising prices, revamping food offerings and adding items such as pricey bottled juices.
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 39 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 25 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 24 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 22 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 21 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 28 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 19 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 32 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
29 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
39 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
25 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
32 min ago