2 arrested after stabbing at Indiana University
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - October 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Indiana University students were charged Sunday morning in connection with a stabbing that injured another student at a campus apartment building, school officials said.
University police arrested 18-year-old Zesen Shen and 21-year-old Kaiyu Lao, IU spokesman Mark Land said in a news release. Shen has been charged with intimidation and battery and Lao was charged with intimidation, Land said.
Police said Shen, Lao and a 20-year-old IU student were in the Tulip Tree apartment's parking lot around 3:30 a.m., Land said. Witnesses told campus police the three were there "to resolve a dispute when the suspects began chasing victim and wounded him with a knife," Land said.
University police Lt. Craig Munroe told the Indianapolis Star (http://indy.st/1ckrtoX) the student was stabbed in the back. The 20-year-old was taken to IU Health hospital in Bloomington with an injury that isn't life-threatening, Land said.
The incident prompted university officials earlier Sunday to tell students to seek shelter behind locked doors. The school gave students the all clear around 7 a.m. CDT.
indiana, stabbing, national/world
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 50 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 32 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
50 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
32 min ago