Sesame Street characters to market fruits, veggies to kids
October 30, 2013 -- Characters from Sesame Street are joining First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.
Visit the grocery store and you may see Elmo, Big Bird and other characters making fruits and vegetables more appealing.
The nonprofit organization behind the popular children's educational program is allowing the produce industry to use the characters to market healthy foods.
At a recent White House summit on food marketing to children, Mrs. Obama urged companies and television broadcasters to do more to promote healthier foods to youngsters.
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station