Sesame Street characters to market fruits, veggies to kids
October 30, 2013 -- Characters from Sesame Street are joining First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.
Visit the grocery store and you may see Elmo, Big Bird and other characters making fruits and vegetables more appealing.
The nonprofit organization behind the popular children's educational program is allowing the produce industry to use the characters to market healthy foods.
At a recent White House summit on food marketing to children, Mrs. Obama urged companies and television broadcasters to do more to promote healthier foods to youngsters.
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos