Boy, 6, wanders onto stage, hugs Pope Francis
October 30, 2013 -- You'd think it would be hard to upstage Pope Francis, but a six-year-old boy managed to do just that.
It happened during a celebration of family day at St. Peter's Square. The boy wandered onto the stage, hugged the pope's legs, admired the cross he was wearing and he even sat in the pope's chair.
The boy remained on stage for more than 20 minutes, despite efforts of a Vatican official to coax him away.
His parents say this was not planned-- it was something he did all on his own.
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station