NYPD: Photo is not that of missing autistic teen
NEW YORK (AP) - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- New York City police have determined that a photo of a boy riding a subway train is not that of an autistic boy missing for nearly a month.
A 13-year-old snapped the picture Tuesday and later posted it on his Facebook page.
Authorities said Thursday that the boy shown in the photo went with his mother to see police.
The boy resembles 14-year-old Avonte Oquendo, who was last seen on Oct. 4 walking out of his Queens school.
The teen who took the photo approached the boy and asked if he was Avonte. But the boy didn't respond.
Avonte's parents had said they couldn't be sure that the photo showed their son.
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands