NYPD: Photo is not that of missing autistic teen
NEW YORK (AP) - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- New York City police have determined that a photo of a boy riding a subway train is not that of an autistic boy missing for nearly a month.
A 13-year-old snapped the picture Tuesday and later posted it on his Facebook page.
Authorities said Thursday that the boy shown in the photo went with his mother to see police.
The boy resembles 14-year-old Avonte Oquendo, who was last seen on Oct. 4 walking out of his Queens school.
The teen who took the photo approached the boy and asked if he was Avonte. But the boy didn't respond.
Avonte's parents had said they couldn't be sure that the photo showed their son.
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 42 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 3 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 9 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 27 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 18 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 27 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
19 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
3 min ago