Texas flooding kills 2, prompts dozens of rescues
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A second person has died in floods that heavy rains brought to drought-plagued Central Texas.
Austin police report that the body of a man 50 to 60 years old was found Thursday in the city's flooded Onion Creek.
The Caldwell County sheriff's office reported earlier that a man died Thursday after driving on a low-lying portion of road overtaken by flooding. The man was swept out of his vehicle in Dale, south of Austin.
No identities have been released for either man.
texas, flooding, national/world
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 20 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 53 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber