Texas flooding kills 2, prompts dozens of rescues
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - November 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A second person has died in floods that heavy rains brought to drought-plagued Central Texas.
Austin police report that the body of a man 50 to 60 years old was found Thursday in the city's flooded Onion Creek.
The Caldwell County sheriff's office reported earlier that a man died Thursday after driving on a low-lying portion of road overtaken by flooding. The man was swept out of his vehicle in Dale, south of Austin.
No identities have been released for either man.
texas, flooding, national/world
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 46 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 23 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 47 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
50 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos