Ga. police: 10-year-old's body found in trash can
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - November 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The father and stepmother of a 10-year-old girl whose body was found in a trash can at a metro Atlanta apartment complex have been charged with murder.
Gwinnett County police said in a statement that a man called 911 at 3:43 a.m. Saturday and said he was suicidal. He also said his daughter drank some type of chemical and was dead.
The man pointed officers responding to the call to a trash can at the complex, where they found the badly burned body of a child.
The victim has been identified as Emani Moss. The father, Eman Moss, and the stepmother, Tiffany Moss, are both charged with felony murder, cruelty to children in the first degree, and concealing a body.
Both are being held at the Gwinnett County Detention Center.
georgia, atlanta, body found, child death, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad