3 in custody after Connecticut college lockdown
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) - November 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say three people are in custody following reports of an armed man that prompted a lockdown at Central Connecticut State University.
Chris Cervoni, chief of the campus police, says authorities are investigating whether the scare was actually some kind of prank. He says no weapons have been recovered, there was no real threat to the campus and no charges have been filed.
The university declared a campus emergency at about noon Monday after people reported seeing a person on campus with what was believed to be a gun. The lockdown was lifted several hours later.
One student, Jordan Governale, says he walked by a masked man carrying a sword. He says he first took it for a Halloween costume but thought it was a threat after seeing the police response.
connecticut, college, guns, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 27 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
25 min ago