Amazon, US Postal Service will deliver on Sundays
NEW YORK (AP) - November 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Amazon says it is teaming up with the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays.
The Seattle company says Sunday delivery will be available to customers in the New York and Los Angeles metropolitan areas at first. Amazon and the Postal Service plan to roll out service to "a large portion of the U.S. population" next year, including Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, and Phoenix.
Amazon expects Sunday delivery to be popular with members of its Prime service, which costs $79 a year and comes with free two-day shipping on many items on the site as well as access to Amazon's TV and movie streaming service. But Sunday delivery will be available to all Amazon customers.
Shares of Amazon climbed $1.69 to $52 in morning trading.
amazon.com, u.s. postal service, national/world
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 9 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 34 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 26 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 53 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ