Cracked windshield forces plane to stop in Orlando
MIAMI (AP) - November 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- An American Airlines flight from Miami to Boston had to make an unscheduled stop in Orlando after the aircraft's windshield cracked.
Airline spokeswoman Andrea Huguely says Flight 160 landed in Orlando late Tuesday after the pilot's double-paned windshield cracked while the plane was in flight.
Huguely says a cracked windshield "doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen on occasion." It wasn't immediately clear what caused the crack.
The plane landed in Orlando with 156 passengers and crew members on board. No injuries were reported.
Huguely says the passengers boarded another aircraft that landed in Boston early Wednesday. The aircraft with the cracked windshield was pulled out of service for repairs.
orlando, air travel, american airlines, national/world
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 38 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 28 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
10 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
6 min ago