Couple arrested after child cuffed to porch
MONROE, N.C. (AP) - November 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people, including a North Carolina social worker, are under arrest after a foster child was found cuffed by the ankle to a front porch with a dead chicken hanging from around his neck.
Wanda Sue Larson and Dorian Lee Harper were arrested Friday after a sheriff's deputy found the shivering 11-year-old boy. Larson is a supervisor with Union County Department of Social Services. The couple, both 57, adopted four children and were serving as foster parents to the fifth child.
Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey called the incident shocking. Harper and Larson are charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious injury, false imprisonment and cruelty to animals. They are in jail awaiting a court appearance set for Monday.
The children, ages 8 to 14, have been removed from the home.
north carolina, child abuse, children, national/world
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad