LA airport shooting suspect appears in court
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (AP) - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man charged with killing a Transportation Security Administration officer and wounding three others during a rampage at Los Angeles International Airport has appeared in court with bruises on his face and a bandage on his neck.
Paul Ciancia said little at the brief appearance Wednesday at a San Bernardino County jail facility where he's being housed in federal custody.
It was the first time he's been seen in public since the Nov. 1 attack at LAX's Terminal 3.
Ciancia was shackled at his hands and feet. He didn't enter a plea to a murder charge that carries a possible death penalty if he's convicted.
Investigators say the 23-year-old was targeting TSA officers when he killed Gerardo Hernandez. Three others were hurt.
Ciancia was shot and wounded by airport police as passengers scrambled to safety.
los angeles, california, airline security, air travel, shooting, national/world
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 59 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos