LA airport shooting suspect appears in court
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (AP) - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man charged with killing a Transportation Security Administration officer and wounding three others during a rampage at Los Angeles International Airport has appeared in court with bruises on his face and a bandage on his neck.
Paul Ciancia said little at the brief appearance Wednesday at a San Bernardino County jail facility where he's being housed in federal custody.
It was the first time he's been seen in public since the Nov. 1 attack at LAX's Terminal 3.
Ciancia was shackled at his hands and feet. He didn't enter a plea to a murder charge that carries a possible death penalty if he's convicted.
Investigators say the 23-year-old was targeting TSA officers when he killed Gerardo Hernandez. Three others were hurt.
Ciancia was shot and wounded by airport police as passengers scrambled to safety.
los angeles, california, airline security, air travel, shooting, national/world
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose