Student shot at Orlando-area high school
WINTER GARDEN, Fla. (AP) - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a suspect has been taken into custody after a student was shot at an Orlando-area high school.
Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jane Watrel said in an email Wednesday the suspect was in custody, but she didn't immediately have any other details.
West Orange High School Principal Doug Szcinski said on the school's Facebook page that a student injured in the shooting was taken to a hospital. He described the student as "alert." The principal said the school was on lockdown.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office earlier said on Twitter that police were investigating shots fired "near" the school.
The high school is located on the western side of metro Orlando.
florida, orlando, school shooting, national/world
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 27 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 51 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 43 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 20 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm