Student shot at Orlando-area high school
WINTER GARDEN, Fla. (AP) - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a suspect has been taken into custody after a student was shot at an Orlando-area high school.
Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jane Watrel said in an email Wednesday the suspect was in custody, but she didn't immediately have any other details.
West Orange High School Principal Doug Szcinski said on the school's Facebook page that a student injured in the shooting was taken to a hospital. He described the student as "alert." The principal said the school was on lockdown.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office earlier said on Twitter that police were investigating shots fired "near" the school.
The high school is located on the western side of metro Orlando.
florida, orlando, school shooting, national/world
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 27 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 22 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 38 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos