NY boy dies after being trapped in snowbank
GREECE, N.Y. (AP) - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 10-year-old boy in western New York has died from his injuries after being trapped in a snowbank near his home.
Police in the town of Greece say Cory Denoncourt was building snow forts with a friend at an apartment complex Wednesday when the snowbank he was playing on collapsed.
Several children from the apartment complex helped pull him out, while another child ran for help.
Police say the boy was taken to a hospital in critical condition and died Thursday night.
Greece school officials say a crisis team will be available Friday at Denoncourt's elementary school.
Police are urging children to use caution when playing on big piles of snow and to never play alone.
new york, child death, snow, national/world
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 27 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act