Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
WASHINGTON (AP) - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is in the hospital for observation after not feeling well over night.
Aides to the Nevada Democrat have released a statement. It says Reid felt unwell early Friday and went to the hospital.
Aides say tests revealed nothing wrong, but he'll stay in the hospital for observation.
Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois opened session Friday saying he talked to Reid and the majority leader feels good.
The 74-year-old Reid suffered a mild stroke in 2005.
washington, d.c., u.s. senate, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police