Ex-Patriot Hernandez due in court in murder case
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) - December 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez is due to appear in court again in the murder case against him.
A hearing in the case is scheduled for Monday afternoon in Fall River Superior Court. The defense has accused District Attorney Samuel Sutter's office of violating a gag order in the case and jeopardizing Hernandez's right to a fair trial. The prosecution denies the allegations.
A judge is expected to hear arguments related to that matter.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the June shooting death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend.
Lloyd's family last week filed a wrongful death suit against the ex-Patriot, seeking unspecified damages.
massachusetts, murder, trial, new england patriots, national/world
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad