Firefighter called to crash that killed daughter
BROOKLINE, N.H. - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Hampshire volunteer firefighter arrived at the scene of a deadly car crash only to realize his daughter was the victim.
Thirty-year-old Katie Hamilton of Brookline was killed in the accident around 9 a.m. Christmas Eve at the intersection of Routes 13 and 130.
The mother of three young daughters worked as a plumber for her father Steve Whitcomb's business.
Brookline Police Sgt. Douglas Barnett says Hamilton was southbound on Route 13 preparing to turn left when a truck driven by 31-year-old Greg Cullen of Milford hit the rear of her car and sent it into the northbound lane.
She was then broadsided by a Ford F-250 pickup truck driven by 37-year-old James Ciprotti of Weare.
Neither man was injured.
new hampshire, accident, national/world
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
3 min ago