Helicopter crashes at airport near NYC, 2 injured
NEW YORK (AP) - December 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A helicopter has crashed at an airport outside New York City, injuring two people.
Officials at the Federal Aviation Administration say the Hughes 269 helicopter was trying to land at Westchester County Airport when it crashed alongside a runway at 8:40 a.m. Saturday.
The helicopter rolled on its side. The pilot and one passenger were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The FAA says the cause of the crash is under investigation.
The main runway at the airport was briefly closed afterward, but few other flights were delayed.
The airport is located in the town of Rye Brook about 30 miles north of Manhattan.
helicopter crash, new york city, national/world
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
16 min ago