Barbara Bush hospitalized in Houston
HOUSTON (AP) - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former first lady Barbara Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with a respiratory-related issue.
A statement Tuesday night from the office of her husband, former President George H.W. Bush, said she was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital on Monday.
The statement says the 88-year-old is "in great spirits" and is getting "fantastic care." The statement says she's received visits from her husband and family.
The statement said updates will be issued when warranted.
Just last week, Mrs. Bush and her husband, the 41st president, honored a Houston businessman and philanthropist with a Points of Light Award, a volunteer service award started by the former president.
The Bushes' home is in Houston.
houston, texas, national/world
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 52 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 42 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 13 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
42 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos