Barbara Bush hospitalized in Houston
HOUSTON (AP) - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former first lady Barbara Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with a respiratory-related issue.
A statement Tuesday night from the office of her husband, former President George H.W. Bush, said she was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital on Monday.
The statement says the 88-year-old is "in great spirits" and is getting "fantastic care." The statement says she's received visits from her husband and family.
The statement said updates will be issued when warranted.
Just last week, Mrs. Bush and her husband, the 41st president, honored a Houston businessman and philanthropist with a Points of Light Award, a volunteer service award started by the former president.
The Bushes' home is in Houston.
houston, texas, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 3 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos