13 hurt in Minneapolis apartment fire
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire has engulfed several apartments in Minneapolis, and authorities say at least 13 people have been hurt.
Robert Ball of Hennepin County Emergency Medical Services says at least 13 people were injured in the Wednesday morning blaze, some critically.
He says the victims have been taken to hospitals with injuries ranging from burns to trauma associated with falling or jumping from windows.
Ball says there have been no reports of deaths. He says it's unclear whether everyone has been evacuated because it's still too dangerous for firefighters to sweep through the premises.
Plumes of thick, gray smoke could be seen rising from the three-story building. Firefighters' efforts are being hampered by sub-zero temperatures.
Ball says there were reports of an explosion before the fire broke out.
fire, minnesota, national/world
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 23 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 17 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 44 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
23 min ago