Obama gift mistakenly find its way to Illinois home
WADSWORTH, Ill. (AP) - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- A book of personal White House family photos was mistakenly sent to a suburban Chicago woman, who says she's making sure the Christmas gift finds its way to the rightful recipient.
Alane Church tells NBC's "Today" show she was surprised to find the "beautiful, personal" book shoved in the bottom of a damaged box of packages her family opened at their Wadsworth home on New Year's Day.
WLS-TV reports the book included a hand-written gift tag from "Barack, Michelle + the girls."
Church won't show anyone what's in the book. But she says the pictures of first daughters Sasha and Malia Obama offer a glimpse of "very special, private moments of their year of 2013 together."
The White House confirmed the errant delivery but offered no details.
illinois, president barack obama, michelle obama, national/world
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 16 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
16 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos