Obama gift mistakenly find its way to Illinois home
WADSWORTH, Ill. (AP) - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- A book of personal White House family photos was mistakenly sent to a suburban Chicago woman, who says she's making sure the Christmas gift finds its way to the rightful recipient.
Alane Church tells NBC's "Today" show she was surprised to find the "beautiful, personal" book shoved in the bottom of a damaged box of packages her family opened at their Wadsworth home on New Year's Day.
WLS-TV reports the book included a hand-written gift tag from "Barack, Michelle + the girls."
Church won't show anyone what's in the book. But she says the pictures of first daughters Sasha and Malia Obama offer a glimpse of "very special, private moments of their year of 2013 together."
The White House confirmed the errant delivery but offered no details.
illinois, president barack obama, michelle obama, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 4 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 26 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 23 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
4 min ago