Man in biker assault files legal claim against NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - January 19, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man who was dragged from his SUV and beaten by a group of motorcyclists following a frightening chase on a Manhattan highway has filed a legal notice saying he intends to sue New York City over the attack.
Prosecutors say an off-duty police detective was among the bikers who pursued and beat Alexian Lien after a confrontation on the West Side Highway.
The September assault was recorded by one biker and later posted on the Internet.
The New York Post reports that Lien filed a formal "notice of claim" against the city on Dec. 24. It accuses the police department of failing to properly train officers.
A spokeswoman for the city's Legal Department said it would defend the claim if it proceeds to a full lawsuit.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
beating, new york, new york city, motorcycles, assault, national/world
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 51 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
46 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
51 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
43 min ago