Campus shooting leaves 1 dead in South Carolina; suspect charged
ORANGEBURG, S.C. - January 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- South Carolina State University says the engineering technology student shot to death on campus also played on the school's football team.
The university in Orangeburg said Saturday that 20-year-old Brandon Robinson was a defensive specialist who appeared in four games. He was shot to death Friday outside a student dormitory.
The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division says Robinson was shot after arguing with 19-year-old Justin Bernard Singleton of Charleston. Singleton was charged with murder and arrested early Saturday at an Orangeburg apartment complex.
An arrest warrant filed by a SLED investigator says Robinson was killed after being shot in the neck.
South Carolina State University has about 3,200 students in Orangeburg, about 40 miles south of Columbia.
south carolina, shooting, national/world
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 9 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
36 min ago