Police: Girls left in car as mom gets makeup done
WALDORF, Md. (AP) - January 30, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman has been charged with child neglect, accused of leaving her two young daughters in a cold car while she had her makeup done in a mall department store.
The Charles County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to the Waldorf mall Tuesday evening by someone who heard children crying in a car outside. Police say officers found the girls, ages 3 and 6, and put them in a patrol car.
Authorities say the outdoor temperature was 16 degrees.
Mall security paged the girls' mother, who met with deputies. Deputies say she'd been in the store more than 90 minutes getting her makeup done.
Twenty-eight-year-old Regina Marie Coleman was charged.
Online court records do not list an attorney for Coleman. Her daughters were turned over to relatives.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 26 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 50 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 7 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
54 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
26 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
50 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos