Ohio grandma held for gagging child with underwear
NEW STRAITSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - January 31, 2014 (WPVI) -- A southeast Ohio grandmother has been charged with child abuse for allegedly gagging an 11-year-old granddaughter with soiled men's underwear.
Sgt. Ed Downs of the Hocking County sheriff's office tells The Columbus Dispatch that it was "the most disgusting, heinous" case of child abuse he'd ever seen.
Downs says the 54-year-old New Straitsville woman was arrested Wednesday, after an older granddaughter secretly took cellphone video of the alleged abuse.
The video shows the woman forcing underwear soiled with feces into the 11-year-old's mouth and taping it there. When the girl vomited, her grandmother told her to swallow it.
The girl was being punished for stepping on the grandmother's injured foot.
The woman is being held with a $1 million bond on charges including kidnapping and endangering children.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 3 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
40 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
22 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos