FBI investigates death of child on cruise ship
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - February 5, 2014 (WPVI) -- The FBI is investigating the death of one child and the hospitalization of another after they were pulled from a swimming pool aboard a cruise ship off the North Carolina coast.
Bureau spokesman David Couvertier said Wednesday that officials from the Tampa division met the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship when it docked in Port Canaveral, Florida on Tuesday.
Couvertier said the FBI became involved because the Norwegian Cruise Line ship was in international waters about 40 miles off Cape Lookout, N.C., when the two boys were found Monday. He also said it was because the 4-year-old boy who died was a U.S. citizen.
A 6-year-old boy was hospitalized at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. Hospital spokeswoman Chris Mackey said his family didn't want his condition made public.
cruises, child death, drowning, north carolina, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 5 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?