Survey: Kids spurn celeb chef's healthy lunches
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - March 30, 2010 (WPVI) -- A survey shows kids at the West Virginia school featured in "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" liked their standard pizza and chicken nuggets more than the celebrity chef's fresh, healthy menu items.
And when denied the food they were used to, many stopped buying the school lunch.
The survey at Central City Elementary in Huntington also found children drank less milk after Oliver removed the sugary chocolate and strawberry bottles.
But there is a bright spot in the data from the West Virginia University Health Research Center: More than six in 10 kids said they'd learned to try new foods.
ABC chose to have the show in Huntington after a 2008 Associated Press story dubbed the five-county metropolitan area the nation's unhealthiest.Read more Parenting Perspective blogs by visiting the Parenting Channel on 6abc.com.
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 53 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 4 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 50 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 49 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 40 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
1 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
53 min ago