Parenting: Off-Season at the Shore
April 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- With Luke and Emma being on spring break and a one-day surge of summerlike-warmth, my husband suggested we all head to the Jersey Shore for a day.
Since, I'm working this week, it was just 1/2 day for me, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with my family on the beach and boardwalk.
I have to admit, we prefer the shore during the off-season. Sure, the weather can be great during the summer, but it can get crowded. We really enjoy feeling like we have the place to ourselves this time of year, even if we have to bundle up in sweats along the beach. Today, Luke and Emma biked along the beach path, encountering very few other cyclists. They had the run of every playground. The boardwalk rides weren't open, but there were just enough stores along the boardwalk for a little "treasure hunting."
I had to tear myself away shortly after lunch to get back to work on time. As I'm writing this blog, Greg, Luke and Emma are probably running along the surf, getting sand between their toes. They'll bathe, eat at a local diner and drive home tonight after the evening rush hour. I'm sure Luke and Emma will be fast asleep by the time they get back, exhausted from their day of fun in the sun. I can't wait to get the play-by-play tomorrow.
What a day!
Happy parenting. Cecily
cecily tynan parenting reports, holidays, parenting, cecily tynan
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 12 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 30 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 5 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
2 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
12 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
30 min ago