Parenting: Using family time to help a good cause
January 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Our family is way too busy and we often have conflicting schedules but we look for opportunities to bond together whether it's a night of board games or a morning visit to the diner.
Recently, I did a "Pay 6 Forward" story on Carol Rice. She lives in low income housing for people with disabilities.
It turns out, there are a number of people living in this same community and most of them are barely making it on a fixed income.
I talked about Carol during our family dinner and we decided that we wanted to help any way we could.
In many of the housing facilities there were common areas where you can drop off food. My family and I decided to donate.
Giving back to those in need is a family activity that allows even the young ones to participate.
Hopefully it will be a good lesson for the kids on giving from the heart and respecting those who need our help.
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7