Parenting: Using family time to help a good cause
January 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Our family is way too busy and we often have conflicting schedules but we look for opportunities to bond together whether it's a night of board games or a morning visit to the diner.
Recently, I did a "Pay 6 Forward" story on Carol Rice. She lives in low income housing for people with disabilities.
It turns out, there are a number of people living in this same community and most of them are barely making it on a fixed income.
I talked about Carol during our family dinner and we decided that we wanted to help any way we could.
In many of the housing facilities there were common areas where you can drop off food. My family and I decided to donate.
Giving back to those in need is a family activity that allows even the young ones to participate.
Hopefully it will be a good lesson for the kids on giving from the heart and respecting those who need our help.
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 31 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos