Parenting: Maternity Photos
September 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- I finally worked up the guts to pose for a maternity picture days before my third child was born. I think it's important to choose a photographer that makes you feel comfortable. I chose Barry Cox Photography in Mantua, NJ. In fact, my photograph won national recognition by the Professional Photographers of America. It's a cherished photo for the whole family as we waited in anticipation for our little boy or girl!
Sometimes, women need a little nudge to pose for pictures. With that in mind, I dragged my friend, and colleague, Sarah Bloomquist, to a photography studio. We chose Joyce Smith of Wayne, PA. She often works on location, but took Sarah into her natural light studio to take some breathtaking portraits. She suggested Sarah wear a simple outfit, like a wrap dress, that's fitted so we can see the belly! In many of the pictures she asked Sarah to place her hands on her belly, often looking down, and thinking about how her life would soon change. Sarah tried on a few different outfits. Sometimes Joyce recommends workout clothes too. Joyce was so natural and friendly, she reminded Sarah to breathe deeply and Sarah seemed to relax right away! The portraits are phenomenal!
Sarah nervously admitted, "I have my picture taken every day, but this just feels different... I had to think these aren't just for me but for a little one down the road who will think this is really fun". She added, "We don't know if it's a boy or a girl... It's a great time in life, I felt great through the whole pregnancy and it will be nice to have these pictures."
The average sitting fee for a portrait is approximately $300.00 (That does not include any copies of the photos!) If that's too pricey, Joyce suggests having a friend take your photo wearing the same outfit once a month, against the same plain background in your home. You can make a collage of all the photos and the unity will give the collage a professional feel, without the professional cost! I actually did this with my first child, but I'm not showing anyone my growing belly step by step!
Please share your maternity portraits on my Facebook page!
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 9 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos