Parenting: iTrackers for Halloween
October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Happy Halloween! Surely you have been stocking up on candy, maybe getting your children a new costume, or making do with something you already have in the back of a closet.
One more thing you may consider adding is an "app" to help track your children when they head out on Halloween night.
There are several available for all sorts of smart phones. One of them is called Lookout Mobile Security. It helps find your lost phone and back up data. What you could do is download the app (it's free), give your children the smart phone to take with them, and through GPS technology, track their movements from your home computer.
The Los Angeles reviewed that app and several others to help keep an eye on your children for tricks and treats including Google Latitude, Footprints, and Trick or Tracker. The link to the article can be found here.
Have a safe and happy Halloween, make sure the kids get back at a decent hour (or just go with them!) and ration out that candy. I'd hate to see the little ones with a stomach ache.
matt o'donnell parenting reports, parenting, matt o'donnell
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 20 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 25 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
20 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
25 min ago