Parenting: iTrackers for Halloween
October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Happy Halloween! Surely you have been stocking up on candy, maybe getting your children a new costume, or making do with something you already have in the back of a closet.
One more thing you may consider adding is an "app" to help track your children when they head out on Halloween night.
There are several available for all sorts of smart phones. One of them is called Lookout Mobile Security. It helps find your lost phone and back up data. What you could do is download the app (it's free), give your children the smart phone to take with them, and through GPS technology, track their movements from your home computer.
The Los Angeles reviewed that app and several others to help keep an eye on your children for tricks and treats including Google Latitude, Footprints, and Trick or Tracker. The link to the article can be found here.
Have a safe and happy Halloween, make sure the kids get back at a decent hour (or just go with them!) and ration out that candy. I'd hate to see the little ones with a stomach ache.
matt o'donnell parenting reports, parenting, matt o'donnell
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 12 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos