Parenting: How much is too much?
December 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- There are plenty of families in our area and across the country who are struggling to pay bills. And as a result, they may be looking to scale back on gift-giving this holiday season.
Perhaps you struggle with the question "how much is too much" when it comes to presents for your children, your other relatives and your friends. Here is some advice from a recent blog post on http://www.savvyshoppertoday.com.
1. Make a gift plan: Compile a list of how many people you are buying for, and if they are children, considering setting a gift limit by age and a dollar limit if they are older.
2. Draw names: If there are just too many people, consider having everyone pick just one person to exchange gifts. Sometimes, that will produce more meaningful gifts.
3. Shared experience: Pool money from multiple people to purchase a larger item as a gift.
4. Communicate: If you have a relative who goes overboard, tell that person to limit gifts or even make a donation in the child's name to a particular charity.
Original blog post at: http://www.savvyshoppertoday.com/dpsavvy-kids-and-gifts-how-many-is-too-much-20111116,0,474900.story
Best of luck in your holiday shopping efforts, and remember to head to our Saving With 6abc page to get special deals.
matt o'donnell parenting reports, parenting, matt o'donnell
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 12 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot in Wilmington 46 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 34 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition