Parenting Perspective: Workouts for new moms
Most new moms face quite a challenge bouncing their body back after having a baby.
But a new class is helping them get fit again with their baby in tow.
The new moms in the class I visited have their little ones strapped in their strollers for a day of play and exercise!
They were getting fit in a class called "Stroller Me Skinny," which uses a stroller as part of the exercise routine. It is taught by mom and personal trainer Karli Ross.
"A lot of moms were talking about doing some sort of stroller workout and there was really nothing like that in Philly," she said.
The class mixes strength training with cardio, all with the little ones on wheels.
"It is a total body workout, and we do a lot of focus on that mid-section and the legs and the glutes," said Karli.
New mom Noelle Burg brings 6-month-old Dylan to class.
"If I couldn't bring him it would be a lot harder for me to get any actual workouts in," said Noelle.
Just 10 weeks after having Baby Bree, first time mom Julia Wittig wants to bounce back for summer.
"I was so sore after the first class we do tons of cardio and strength training as well and I was amazed at being able to do that with a stroller," said Julia.
A runner before babies, Rachel Fishman is also seeing results. She had twins Olivia and Isabella just 4 months ago.
"It works out different parts of my body that i'm not doing when i'm just out running," said Rachel.
Plus, Rachel says, there is an added perk.
"It is also just a fun way to meet new moms in Center City," she told us.
The classes are offered both at Rittenhouse Square and the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
A single class costs $12, but you can also get a package deal for less. "Stroller Me Skinny" also offers weekend and private sessions.
monica malpass parenting reports, parenting, monica malpass
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip 15 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes 11 min ago
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
15 min ago