Parenting: Preserving you child's keepsakes
May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- My most prized possessions are made of crayon and finger-paint. Every year I look forward to my home made gifts from my little ones.
I have a special box in my closet that holds every card and countless memories. Knowing how my mother cherished my old drawings for decades, I've decided to frame some of my children's artwork and display it in my house.
I think it may be a great way for me to remember the important things in life, and for the children to confidently know their drawings are truly treasured.
When the kids were little, I made my husband shirts with the children's hand and foot prints. He wears those shirts all the time and we smile at the thought of how tiny they once were.
If you're looking for another way to preserve special memories, try having the kids paint a square at a pottery store. We have a number of plaques that can be made into a small table or tray with our kids' handprints and footprints. They love to visit the pottery stores and it's nice to get the same size ceramic squares so you can use them later to put on display.
When they are little, it's hard to imagine your children growing up, but I'm learning already it happens way too fast! I'm grateful for all of these tiny moments that are immortalized in my home.
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 37 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 29 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
23 min ago