Parenting: Summer Skin Safety
June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's not the official start of the summer season, but the sun angle is already at its strongest point and we'll continue to receive direct rays from the sun through the next 60 days.
We certainly felt the heat and humidity during the Memorial Day weekend but are we ready to deal with the sun?
I went down to the shore this weekend with my family. I pulled out the sunscreen and sure enough, it had expired. Be sure to stock up in advance and check the expiration date on your old sunscreen. We like to use the spray to be sure to cover the entire body.
We managed to protect ourselves and our children from sunburn, but convincing them to wear a hat and shades proved more difficult.
I had to remind myself of a few common tips to prevent sunburn:
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 55 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 57 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 48 min ago
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 21 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 2 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 16 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade