Parenting: Summer Skin Safety
June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's not the official start of the summer season, but the sun angle is already at its strongest point and we'll continue to receive direct rays from the sun through the next 60 days.
We certainly felt the heat and humidity during the Memorial Day weekend but are we ready to deal with the sun?
I went down to the shore this weekend with my family. I pulled out the sunscreen and sure enough, it had expired. Be sure to stock up in advance and check the expiration date on your old sunscreen. We like to use the spray to be sure to cover the entire body.
We managed to protect ourselves and our children from sunburn, but convincing them to wear a hat and shades proved more difficult.
I had to remind myself of a few common tips to prevent sunburn:
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied 29 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished