Parenting: Summer Skin Safety
June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's not the official start of the summer season, but the sun angle is already at its strongest point and we'll continue to receive direct rays from the sun through the next 60 days.
We certainly felt the heat and humidity during the Memorial Day weekend but are we ready to deal with the sun?
I went down to the shore this weekend with my family. I pulled out the sunscreen and sure enough, it had expired. Be sure to stock up in advance and check the expiration date on your old sunscreen. We like to use the spray to be sure to cover the entire body.
We managed to protect ourselves and our children from sunburn, but convincing them to wear a hat and shades proved more difficult.
I had to remind myself of a few common tips to prevent sunburn:
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 25 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 54 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 46 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
10 min ago