Parenting: Summer Skin Safety
June 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's not the official start of the summer season, but the sun angle is already at its strongest point and we'll continue to receive direct rays from the sun through the next 60 days.
We certainly felt the heat and humidity during the Memorial Day weekend but are we ready to deal with the sun?
I went down to the shore this weekend with my family. I pulled out the sunscreen and sure enough, it had expired. Be sure to stock up in advance and check the expiration date on your old sunscreen. We like to use the spray to be sure to cover the entire body.
We managed to protect ourselves and our children from sunburn, but convincing them to wear a hat and shades proved more difficult.
I had to remind myself of a few common tips to prevent sunburn:
karen rogers parenting reports, parenting, karen rogers
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed