Parenting: Fifteen Dollar Fun
October 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Adventure Aquarium in Camden occasionally gets some space here along with the Philadelphia Zoo and other educational, family-friendly locations. Usually it's when there's something new going on and this time, it's the Aquarium's return of a popular money-saver.
The Aquarium announced recently that it's bringing back Fifteen Dollar Fun Days. It's a limited-time offer that allows anyone to purchase adult and child admission tickets for fifteen bucks, a mark down from the usual $24 and $18 prices for adults and kids.
There is a trick to this. You have to go online to www.AdventureAquarium.com and enter the Promotional Code "Ticket15" to get the special price.
The special tickets can only be used between now and Thursday, November 22. Also, you still get slapped with sales tax and one of those typical service fees that everyone seems to have these days, but the fee in this case is only an extra dollar.
The aquarium, if you haven't visited in a while, is a lot bigger than you may remember. There's a new wing loaded with a hippos and sharks, among other things. The shark tank has a tube you walk through with the creatures swimming all around you.
The Aquarium also touts the Great Hammerhead Sharks in their collection which they say are the only examples of this rare predator currently housed in a U.S. aquarium.
If you've been looking for something indoors to do with the kid as the cooler weather moves in, or if you were already thinking of going to the Camden waterfront, this might be the time given the savings. Again, you can use the link above to get the discount.
david murphy parenting reports, parenting, david murphy
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 21 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 1 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 16 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 1 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
16 min ago