Sen. Biden nominated as Vice President
DENVER, Co. - August 27, 2008 - (WPVI) -- Senator Joseph Biden introduced himself to America as the Democratic Party's vice presidential candidate Wednesday night at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado.
"Since I have never been called a man of few words, let me say simply as I can, yes, yes I accept your nomination to run and serve with Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America!" Biden said tonight before a cheering crowd.
He also began to make the case against John McCain.
"You know, John thinks that, during the Bush years, we made great economic progress. I think it's been abysmal! In the Senate, John voted with President Bush 95%. That's hard to believe! When John McCain proposes $20 million in taxes for corporate America, $1 billion for the largest companies in the nation, and no relief for 100 million Americans, that's not change! That's more of the same!"
Biden also defended Barack Obama, his running made.
"I am ready. Obama is ready. This is his time, it's our time! It's America's time!" Biden said.
Then a surge of electricity coursed through the arena because of a surprise visit by Barack Obama, who was nominated for President just hours beforehand
inside politics, jim gardner
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student 51 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 57 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 40 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 41 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
30 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
40 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
23 min ago