Philly casino on the move?
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 19, 2009 (WPVI) -- Casino developers in Philadelphia are moving forward with a plan to build a Foxwoods Casino near Chinatown and the city's historic district.
The latest plan calls for the slots parlor to be built in a struggling retail area a few blocks west of Independence Mall.
Many residents of Chinatown and other nearby neighborhoods oppose the site.
But city officials say the developers will submit a formal plan in a few months for the proposed casino at the Gallery at Market East.
The city says it will hold several public meetings on the proposed site in the interim.
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 37 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 17 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar