TIMELINE: The trial of Vince Fumo
PHILADELPHIA - March 16, 2009 - (WPVI) -- The timeline of events in the trial of former Pa. Senator Vince Fumo. of conspiring to defraud the Pennsylvania Senate.
March 16, 2009 - Former Pa. Senator Vince Fumo convicted. The longtime politician was convicted in a federal corruption trial.
February 9, 2009 - Former Pa. Senator Vince Fumo takes the stand in his defence. Fumo's testimony followed Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell's. You can hear Rendell's testimony in the trial by following this link
January 22, 2009 - Fumo's trial is halted after he suffers a dizzy spell. Fumo reported dizziness and trouble breathing during his corruption trial.
January 12, 2009 - Key witness has been e-mailing Fumo. A key government witness in former state Sen. Vincent Fumo's corruption trial has been e-mailing Fumo and blogging under a pseudonym, federal prosecutors announced.
November 17, 2008 - Fumo's former girlfriend testifies. She brought dozens of emails she saved on her computer to back up her testimony.
August 6, 2008 - A computer technician on Fumo's staff agreed to plead guilty. He was accused of illegally destroying years' worth of state Senate computer records.
March 12, 2008 - Pa. Senator Vince Fumo announces he won't run for reelection. In addition to the corruption charges, Fumo was recovering from a heart attack and was facing three opponents in the Democratic primary.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police